Another FB post written when O was asleep and I should have been doing housework...
Things I have learned since becoming a mum:
- Baby brain is very real (I may have said that in a previous post. I can't remember).
- Take it when you can get it. This applies to food, sleep, shopping, sex, food, exercise, etc.
- Don't bother renting a movie. For some reason, you can manage to watch an entire TV series in 3 weeks, but can't make it through a 2 hour action movie that doesn't have a plot anyway.
- You get to the point where you almost prefer a bout of screaming to incessant grizzling. Almost...
- Before I was pregnant, I wore super judgey pants. With a matching cape. Now, well, shit, I'm too busy sorting out my own mess to worry about what other people are doing.
- Baby brain is very real.
- Driving a crying baby around to try to get them to sleep whilst wearing your PJs... Well, there are worse ways to spend a Sunday morning (I'm talking 10am!). Just don't go shopping like that. There is a line.
- Baby panadol. Use it. The liver is an impressive organ, especially a new one.
- Adult panadol. What do you care? You spent your 20's destroying your lover with tequila anyway.
- Even during Wonder Weeks and teething, there are still enough fantastic moments to stop you from stuffing your belongings into a bag and tipping your hat to daddy as you run out the door. More than enough.